Saturday, July 2, 2011

It's hot...finally

I'm weird, I like it hot. really!  I do not like humidity but in Wisconsin one goes hand in hand with the other.  Thankfully it's not TOO humid out (dew point is about 70 and humidity is 75% right now) but I'll take it over the 50 and 60 degree days we had all of June.  This girl needs some sunshine!!

Yesterday I was supposed to do W3D1 of C25K and I chickened out.  It was hot last night too and we'd been at the park for my Grandma's birthday party most of the afternoon.  Lame excuse I know.  So today I knew I HAD to do it no matter what because I'd had 2 days off already and if I go more then I won't want to keep doing it.  No fun plans today, until a friend called us.  Now I'm like "OHHH shoot, I need to do it now".  Of course it's the warmest part of the day and it's sunny.  So I decided to do the run on the treadmill, which is in the garage, so it's still HOT.  I turned the fan on and went for it. 

Uhh running on the treadmill is about a million times easier than running on the ground.  I even went faster today than I normally do (since I covered more "ground" by the end it's easy to track).  But I felt like I wasn't working as hard.  So that's good and bad.  Good because I was worried about this new week and this was a good confidence boost.  Bad because I'll want to do the treadmill instead of the road but the only way to do a real race is on the road silly!  So I'm looking forward to getting back to the road (sidewalk) tomorrow or Monday for the second day of this week. 

For today though, friends, food, and fireworks!  I can see fireworks 3 nights in a row if I really want, and I love fireworks so we just might!  Happy Independence Day to everyone! Have a safe holiday and remember to thank those that have served our country!

No comments:

Post a Comment