Mike came home and told me there is an opening at his current employer, for his job on first shift (he's on third shift now). He wanted to talk to me before posting for it because there would be a pay cut right off the top. He'd lose his shift premium which would be 15% of his total pay. That's a BIG pay cut ($4000+ a year).
I told him I didn't care, we'll figure it out somehow. He's GOT to get off of 3rd shift it's horrible for his health. I mean no one should work third shift but a guy with MS really shouldn't be working 3rd shift. It's impossible for him to get enough sleep, impossible for him to go to school etc.
I'm actually hoping we'll be poor enough to really qualify for some things at least. We were JUST over the $$ cut off before so cutting that much off of our income probably will "help". I'll just have to figure out if I'm going to keep working or if I'll quit my job and be the one to go to school or if DH will go to school on the weekends/nights. My mom says she can watch Gabe some to help out too.
I'll probably look into state funded health care if he does get it since then we could save the money we pay in premiums now ($400/month) which would be better too but I worry about Mike being able to see his regular neurologist that way, getting the RIGHT meds and not whatever they tell him he needs etc.
I know I'm REALLY putting the horse before the cart but it's better for me to think things out before it happens just in case so I can have a plan in place IF it does. The way things go at his employer though I won't be holding my breath but extra prayers and positive thoughts would be nice.