Monday, June 1, 2009

Does a little dance



Did you hear?  We have a house.   They accepted our offer.  It's a HUD house (VA loan foreclosed on) and it needs some love.  It's a 3 bed 1.5 bath currently but we'll be adding a full bath/bedroom in the basement which is 10 feet tall and a poured basement.  

Now we need a home inspection and a bunch of other misc crap to do but I am excited.  Now I REALLY need to get packing.   

Hopefully we'll close somewhere about the middle of July.  We need a fence right away (corner lot right across from the school) and we need an oven, a fridge, washer/dryer and the bathroom needs work right away.  Oh and paint, but I'm weird and I like to paint, especially if we can do it before we move in.  

Of course now I start worrying about money.  Yes my mom will have the mortgage officially but we are going to pull our weight (or try) and eventually own half the house anyhow.  So I'm going to need extra pennies I think.    This is the part where I wish I got paid more even though I like my job, or there was a baby store near that I could work and get paid for my carseat stuff, THAT would be fun!  

Ok I'm going to ramble because I'm excited so I'm heading to bed to TRY and sleep. 

5 comments:

  1. YAY! Mel! I'm SO EXCITED for you! I was wondering what you were going to do for extra space. I didn't realize it had a basement. You'll love your fenced in back yard, I love mine! Money is ALWAYS an issue, don't worry though, it will all come together! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! I'm so happy for you! Personally, I'm totally "over" buying and may rent forever due to the stress and hassles involved in home ownership, but you're more of an adult than me so I'm sure you can handle it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I think I'm insulted that you think I'm an adult.

    Really though we're buying WITH my mom (well she's on the mortgage) and we'll all be living together so it's kind of like having a live in landlord :P

    I'm DYING for a yard, if I could rent someplace and have a yard I'd probably be happy renting forever and if we hadn't had Gabe I KNOW I'd be happy renting.

    We'll be paying exactly what we pay now in rent toward the mortgage (half the payment since my mom will pay the other half) and in the long run it will save both Mike and me and my mom money. In 5 years we'll be added to the mortgage to have our half official :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting!! I hate the packing but LOVE the moving in. I'm a Home Depot kinda gal too.

    ReplyDelete