Friday, December 4, 2009

Oh the weather outside is frightful....

Snowfall on trees, GermanyImage via Wikipedia

It's not a ton of snow in our area but south of us they got more. Still I'm depressed about it.

I used to enjoy snow. I've never been a snow bunny. I don't ski, a couple trips down the sledding hill and I'm all for heading in and drinking hot chocolate, and the thought of riding a snowmobile makes me ill. I DID enjoy the snow though, the chill in the air (not the frigid temps later) but at least those first couple of REALLY white really crisp snows were enjoyable.

Now?

Meh.

All I can think now is that it's the beginning of a very long, very cold winter, I'll have to shovel, drive in it, get salt tracked onto anything and everything, get sick, be sad when the sun is shining because that means it's -20 out with the windchill. All I do is long for spring. I long for the warmth of the sun, not the teaser that it is in the winter. I long for things to move and live.

I'm not sure when this happened but really I often wonder now if someplace warmer isn't calling my name. Maybe when school is done we'll talk about a move someplace where owning a snowblower would make you a kook. Some place where Christmas comes with lights and caroling but NO snow. Some place where you can be outside on the patio on Christmas morning.

Until then I'm going to complain and drink tea, eat chili and count the days til it's warm enough to go outside without eleventy million layers on. Oh and I don't want to have to wear socks ALL the time. I hate wearing socks and shoes and having to sleep with socks on sucks.

So how to I wait out the winter without hibernating? I'm hoping that Gabe will help get me through that because he's at the age where he thinks it's very piddy (pretty) and everything is full of magic. I'm hoping he drags me kicking and screaming through it and I remember it fondly.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment