Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

Annoying Noises Prohibitted [sic]Image by BarelyFitz via Flickr

It's Thanksgiving and we're full up on turkey and mashed potatoes. Some had pumpkin pie, but since I don't care for pumpkin pie I had none.

Instead of being thankful today though I'm annoyed. I'm annoyed with the F up and my back that leaves me short on money on a holiday weekend, short on gas because I have no money and rummaging though my son's piggy bank for change for the car.

Instead of being thankful I just wish at this point it was Saturday already so we could hang out with friends and play Rock Band and eat deep fried turkey.

It doesn't help that I woke up with a headache stabbing through my right eye. That Gabe was rather cranky today, but at least when he napped it was a good long nap.

The evening plans include a whole lot of nothing. I'm trying to not be annoyed for no reason for the rest of the evening but when you start the day in a funk it's hard to get yourself out of it in a snap too.

So even though it's Thanksgiving and I should be thankful for all the truly wonderful things I DO have I'm spending it annoyed. I'll be thankful tomorrow.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. Most people I know have a love/hate relationship with Thanksgiving. I was just telling my Mom the other day that we'd all enjoy holidays so much more if we approached them like they were just another Saturday, but with better food. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so true! It's all this pressure to be thankful and special for this ONE day. Uhh how about I be thankful for all my days? My family said a prayer before the meal yesterday, we NEVER do a family prayer before a meal except for Thanksgiving and Christmas and it just feels a little funny I guess to make THOSE meals special and none of the rest of them KWIM?

    ReplyDelete