Monday, August 24, 2009

Recent house going ons

Graffiti found in Málaga, Spain of the interna...Image via Wikipedia

I've had a couple people ask what's going on with our house so I thought I'd drop a quick update.

See that picture over there ----->
That's supposedly the international symbol for a squatter. LOL I found it while looking for pictures for today's post. That's what I am though, a squatter.

This past week they have been "removing the lead". I put it in quotes because it's a guy with a scraper and a plastic tarp, no mask, no gloves. He's JUST scraping and painting the window sills because HUD told him it was a rush job and to NOT replace the windows (roll eyes here). Whatever it's not his fault the people we're dealing with are idiots.

Hopefully today or tomorrow he'll be done with that painting part. BUT then we have to wait 3-5 days for a final inspection. Why? I have no freakin' idea why. So there's no way we're closing this week. You know what that means? We're closing next week and moving LABOR DAY WEEKEND?! OMG great. I'm going to beg on my hands and knees for people to help us sat/sun that weekend because my mom's condo sold this week and they are closing September 10th or 11th so we HAVE to be outta here by then. Like completely 100% out because it's not ours.

I'm tired. I'm tired of sleeping on a mattress that isn't mine, in a house that isn't mine, with pillows that aren't mine. I'm tired of feeling like a squatter and not having a real address. I'm tired of not knowing what's going on. I'm tired of thinking about how moving is going to suck with no help because who in their right darn mind is going to help on Labor Day weekend? :(

I'm just ready for this to be over and done with. Please let it be over and done with so we can move on with our lives. I'm tired of the holding pattern.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment