Thursday, December 19, 2013

Finally done!

I honestly can't believe that I'm done with nursing school.  I dreamed about this day for quite awhile (and frequently cursed along the way) but I'm not sure I REALLY thought it would get here.

It's been an amazing ride.  One that I might actually miss a little tiny bit.  I've had my friends and family put up with me, support me, make me laugh, and let me cry.  Without them I know I wouldn't have been able to do this on my own.  I owe them a big huge thank you! 
ADN Pinning December 2013

Pinning was amazing, I admit I'm a sap (as if you didn't know that already).  I didn't really flat out cry but I did get teary eyed plenty of times.  Sitting there listening to speeches and looking around me at my classmates all dressed up and in graduation gowns was very important to me.  I think ceremony is an important part of beginning and ending things.  I don't know that I'll ever feel that way again, filled with joy, pride, excitement and trepidation for the future. 

I know I've said this before but I'll say it again: at 18 I never would have picked nursing as a career, now I can't imagine being anything else.  I know that this is my calling and it will never just be a job but be part of who I am and what I am. 

I've been so lucky to find this fairly early in life.  I never thought I'd be that person.  It is proof that things do fall into place if you are ready for them when they are ready for you.  Thank you to everyone, but especially my husband.  He never gave up on me, he always believed in me (even when I didn't believe in myself), and he has been my rock, my best friend and so much more.  Thank you for letting me use you as a guinea pig and teach you all kinds of gross diseases so that I could learn them too.  Thank you for everything.  Gabe doesn't realize it yet but he deserves a big thank you from me too, for putting up with an exhausted mom, and one who was maybe a little short sometimes, and didn't always feel like playing or reading one more story.  He's an awesome kid and I know that he's proud of me too.  He talked about my graduation the entire week beforehand, and even though the ceremony part was boring (he's almost 7 after all) I know he will understand someday.  I love you both so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment