Sunday, December 1, 2013

Almost there!

Nothing like posting in August and then not again til December right?!  Geez!

This semester has been amazing and crazy! I've been lucky enough to do a rotation in a major regional burn center and have found that I love it there!  I'm just 16 days from graduation (EEK!) and I'm really hoping that a job opens up there and I can stay.  The nurses and patients have all been simply spectacular.  The things I have learned there can't be quantified.  I never thought I'd be the kind of person that would find a job that I really really really loved and if I won the lottery I'd do this job for free. 

Right now the schedule looks pretty awesome, this week is my last clinical day, then the HESI.  Next week is my last exam and then just a presentation after that.  Pinning is coming quick and I have a dress and presents for my friends all set! It is going to be amazing.  I simply can not believe how far we've all come since starting this program.  I feel like a nurse now, I feel like I can do this, I feel like this is what I'm meant to be here doing. 

I want to take my NCLEX ASAP after graduation so I can really start working too.  I'm hoping by the second week in January at the latest, it depends on quickly school gets my info in to the state. 

Here's to the next chapter and starting out as a brand new nurse and being the new kid on the block and terrified all over again.  I know I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment