Thursday, June 14, 2012

Funk

I really dislike the "new" blogger layout.  It's been that way for a bit now but it annoys me.

Anyhow that's not what this is about.  This is about the funk.  You know what I'm talking about, we've all been there.  You get into a funk, and sometimes for no discernible reason, and can't get out of it.  I'm pretty sure I'm in a funk because it's post party week.  I spent a lot of time planning and thinking about the party that I have post party depression. 

I'm attempting to drag myself out of it! 

To add to it I twisted my ankle and had to skip working out for two days, which is bad because then I don't want to go back to working out.  I know I gotta just DO IT! and then I'll feel better, or not but at least it will be done.  I'm frustrated with eating and working out, things just aren't moving for me right now.  I'm pretty sure I'm not tracking food as well as I need to be but I'm tired of it and it makes me annoyed and cranky (which feeds into the post party depression funk). 

Being off for the summer is a double edged sword.  I love not having to stress about school but I have no purpose when I'm off like this.  I make no money for the family, which stresses me out, and I have no goals like I do during school, which makes me feel productive. 

Gabe is busy doing Safety Town this week.  I think he likes it but it's hard to tell with him because he's a grumpy old man and doesn't like to talk about "school".  The teachers say he's a ham and a good kid so I figure he must be enjoying himself.

Currently we are number 4 on the waiting list for our preferred school.  It should have gone by address but this is a weird year and there are too many kids for this school (which is literally across from my house) and not as many in one of the other schools.  We're all in the same district.  I'm just crossing my fingers that things work out because I REALLY want/need him to be across the street from us.  It is one of the big things that sold us on this house.  So cross your fingers and toes, and even your eyes that before September 3 families with kindergarteners move OUT of our area of town. 

Next week Mike and I start our evening water aerobic class twice a week, and I'm really hoping that is fun.  It will be nice to have something to do together that is adult only too, even if it is a little corny.  I'm glad we're doing it together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment