Friday, October 2, 2009

OCTOBER?!!?!!

Yes I needed explination points AND question marks there. I simply can not believe it's October already. I've been a horrible mommy and taken hardly any pictures of Gabe lately. We do have a pumpkin carving party tomorrow though so I'll have new ones then.

On to other things. We got a new furnace today, YAY! It's now nice and toasty warm in the house and so quiet I can't even tell it's on.

Gabe has been in a phase where he's decided to lock himself in the bathroom. This wouldn't be so bad because I can pop the lock from the outside but he opens a drawer behind the door so I still can't open it. We've got new child locks for the drawers so he can't do this anymore because it makes mom VERY unhappy. While putting him in time out for this today he decides to yell at me "mommy go away!" Now this is the kid that doesn't say very many three words sentences so I have to say instead of being hurt by it I had to turn around and giggle because at least it's a three word sentence. He said it with SUCH inflection and the hand wave too.

I know one day I'll look back and think about this time fondly (LOL maybe) but I know in the end this stubborn kid will be labelled persistent and that will be a good thing, right?

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new furnace! Must make it a ton easier to get out of bed in the morning!

    LOL about Gabe. You're such a MOM to be happy about his verbal progress rather than feeling spurned. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd change the door swing to out swing, that'll solve that issue pretty quick.

    It'll also be a lot safer if you ever need to get out quick.

    Of course, not knowing the layout of the house, I could be telling you to commit househould hiri kiri.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little monkey boy figuring out to open the drawer! Way too smart for his own good! I love that you were excited by his three word sentence!:)

    ReplyDelete