Monday, October 12, 2009

I'm really doing it

I'm going to school. I have applied to MATC to start their RN program. It's only a 2 year program which will probably take me 3 since I need some pre-reqs before starting the official program.

I've applied to the school online, stopped in at my high school to get my transcripts, filled out my FAFSA info. So now I'm in the waiting portion. I'm a little scared but mostly I'm excited. I'm thrilled that I know what I'm doing and there is a specific amount of time for that to happen in.

My EFC from FAFSA is zero so I should get the full amount for the Pell Grant and after that I'll hope for scholarships, grants, and loans to do the rest. I'll need to pay for school (and supplies, books etc), Gabe will hopefully be in on campus daycare so that will be an expense, and then if I can have enough money to "make" the $400 a month I make working I'll quit working. I don't want to over extend myself going to school full time for the first time in 10 years and I do want to be able to see my family occasionally (funny how I love them right?)

I have to say it was odd to be inside Nicolet as the current seniors will be graduating the same time as I have been out of high school TEN years. Where the heck does the time go? I did get to run into my former guidance counselor Mr. Artero who was glad to see me. I saw another teacher too who isn't there anymore but happened to be stopping in too. I could have done without seeing him though.

I need people's positive thoughts and any advice or help they have on how to get money for school. Wish me luck!!!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck Mel! You'll do great! You're so determined at all you do, I know you'll be successful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MEL! Good for you! You're so incredibly bright & have always shown such compassion and concern for the public interest. You are PERFECT for this career & for school.
    It will be stressful and hard but you are going to be so happy and at peace knowing that two years from now it will all be a distant memory and your life will be where it needs to be.

    GET' EM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE hearing about people making their dreams come true :)

    ReplyDelete