Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Keep plugging along!

I'm sure we've all had weeks where things didn't go quite right, where stress stacked up.  It really started last week with my CNA exam and failing my practical.  Really I promise to never pour urine in a sink ever again.  I'm okay with laughing about it now really ;) 

Then misc other things stacked up and it put me into this funk.  I just couldn't shake it.  I had a great time this weekend with a party at the house with all of our friends.  I loved seeing everyone, but then I feel sad because we just don't get together like that very often anymore and I miss that type of hanging out.  The kind where there are people in every room and you can just float around and join in whatever conversation is going on, or a game or whatever.  That there are just people everywhere.  I love that, really! 

I learned something new about myself this week though, even when things suck and I feel in a funk I can push through and work out and that actually makes me feel better!  Doing a hard run and coming in last night to marinate dinner for tonight afterward really made the difference.  I didn't just cop out and stuff my face, I didn't just skip the workout because I didn't "feel" like doing it.  I did it.  And it helped!  I'm still amazed at this sometimes. 

So even though school will be starting and my financial aide is still a disaster but I have the paperwork to hopefully fix it, I need a CPR class done ASAP, and I need to retake my CNA practical, I know I'll get through it.  I know that I can do it.  I can push through, suck it up and do what I need to do. 

Tonight dinner is Asian Chicken from Skinny Taste and corn on the cob.  It will be wonderful and it will taste great (I hope) and I'll have another great recipe to add to my repertoire.   So even if you're having a tough time just keep plugging along and things will get better, and you'll be glad you didn't stuff your face with crap you know you don't like and don't want.

No comments:

Post a Comment