Monday, July 5, 2010

The Basement Saga part 1

This really is a saga. It's going to take months and money and sweat, probably some blood too because we know how this works.

I'm hoping to be in my new bedroom after soaking in my new tub by October some time. Am I dreaming? Probably but a girl's gotta dream.

On the Fourth of July while the rest of the world was relaxing and watching fireworks or grilling out my dad and I decided that 90 was a good temperature to dig holes in. We were crazy. We did get almost all of the first hole dug. We didn't die either so that's good, if we had though we could have just rolled that person into the hole and back filled. It's definitely big enough.

There will be a pair of holes. They are for the egress windows that are required for living space in the basement. They'll let a lot of light in too so we don't turn into people that could be mistake for Powder.

I do have a picture of the plans and I'll have to post that later since I forgot to scan it. The dimensions though are as follows: Bedroom 18x14, bathroom 12x14, living space 40x13 (whole length of the house).

I really can't wait until we have a little more US space. The only downside is that we'll be as far away from Gabe as possible. So I'll need to get another monitor. My mom is in the room next to Gabe so he's not alone or anything but it will take some getting used to I think for me.

Without further ado here are the first pictures of the side of the house. The one on the right will be the bedroom, the one on the left is the living space.

The first hole, both will be about 65 inches side to side and from the top of the window to the bottom of the hole is about 52 inches, it's 36 inches out from the house.

The second window and where the next hole will be dug next weekend. That's the top of the umbrella laying on the side. We use it to keep the sun off of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment